19 Dec Apple & Raspberry Crumble
Posted at 22:12h in Desserts, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Recipes, Sugar Free, Wheat Free 0 Comments
For the crumble topping:
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g oats (use GF if needed)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
For the fruit base:
- 2 large cooking apples
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 100ml approx boiling water
- A small handful of raisins
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Place the apples in a saucepan & add the water.
- Put the lid on the saucepan & allow to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes until apples are soft and disintegrating.
- Place the frozen raspberries, raisins and remaining apple puree in a small baking dish & smooth out level (I used an 18cm x 13cm ceramic dish).
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground almonds, flaxseed, oats, ginger and cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Pour the coconut oil and maple syrup over the oat mixture.
- Mix well and then layer the topping over the fruit base.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown