- 1 aubergine, cut in to small cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 125g red lentils, washed & rinsed
- 500ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Set the oven to 180 degrees C/gas 4/350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan melt the coconut oil and add the garlic, onion and aubergine.
- Cook until soft and then add the spices and tomato puree.
- Transfer to oven proof casserole dish.
- Add lentils and stock.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Serve with dollop of natural yoghurt plus toasted pitta, naan, poppadum’s or flat bread