• 60g plain spelt flour (or use plain wheat flour or gluten free)
• 60g wholegrain spelt flour (or use wholemeal wheat flour or gluten free)
• 25g oats
• 1 medium carrot, grated
• 5 medjool dates (or use 10 normal dates)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 125ml almond milk (or other milk)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place muffin cases in to a six-hole muffin tin.
3. Chop the dates and soak in the hot water.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
5. Drain the dates and add to the bowl with the carrot, syrup and milk.
6. Mix together.
7. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm on top and golden.
9. Allow to cool.