Veggie Bean Burgers – Makes 4
• 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 150g can of sweet corn, drained
• Handful of spinach leaves (approx. 35g)
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• ½ tsp paprika
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp ground coriander
• 2 heaped tbsp of spelt flour (or any other type of flour)
1. Add all of the ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until mixed but still course.
2. Flour a chopping board and then take a handful of the mixture, roll in the flour and then pat down to make a burger shape.
3. Place on tray and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. Cook for about 20 minutes on the BBQ.
Storage: suitable for freezing or keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Options: you can add herbs such as coriander to this recipe. Serve in a wholemeal bap or pitta with a dollop of hummus, mashed avocado and salad.