• 450g Self Raising Flour (use Gluten Free if needed)
• 1 tsp Bicarb of Soda
• 200g Raisins
• 50g Coconut Sugar
• 60g Coconut Oil (melted)
• 5 tsp spices (use a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg etc)
• 2 eggs (or use 2 flax eggs)
- 240ml milk (any plant based milk will work)
• Zest & juice of 1 large orange
1. Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 5.
2. Prepare a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
3. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
5. Tip the wet ingredients in to the dry bowl and mix together.
6. Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases.
7. For the cross: add a little flour to a bowl and add enough water to make a paste.
8. Transfer the flour/water paste to a piping bag or use a small plastic bag with the corner snipped.
9. Pipe over a cross to each muffin.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
To watch a video how to make this recipe click HERE.